• Spay Arkansas was founded by Marcia Donley in 2007 and our clinic in Springdale, Arkansas opened its doors in 2011. Since that time, we have performed over 18,500 sterilization surgeries, thereby preventing the birth of tens of thousands of unwanted pets.
• Our independent licensed veterinarian and trained staff, with over 50 years of combined experience, perform approximately 35 operations a day, two to three days per week.
• In 2014, our monthly vaccine clinics provided 1,100 additional pets with vaccines and 800 microchips were inserted.
• Our pet food sharing program dispenses approximately 1,500 pounds of donated pet food per month. This enables families to keep their animals at home rather than surrendering them to shelters when they can’t afford to feed them.
• We are actively involved in Trap-Neuter-Release efforts to reduce the number of feral cats in our community, with an estimated 2,000 cats altered to date.
• We are a participating partner with the Animal Care Education of NWA organization whose mission is to educate students about the humane care of pets and the importance of spaying and neutering.
• Our dedicated volunteers log thousands of hours each year to help us reach our mission.
• Money donated to Spay Arkansas is used directly to provide services for animals in need and we receive no local, state or federal funding.
• We are making a difference for the pets of NWA. In 2011 over 38% of animals entering area shelters were euthanized. Along with our efforts and those of other animal advocate organizations, this number has dropped to 15% in 2014.
Every day we strive to make our community a place where companion animals are given the care they deserve and work tirelessly toward our ultimate goal of no more homeless pets.